Finding treatment for PCP addiction can seem difficult. In fact, the NIDA states that “there are no specific treatments for PCP abuse and addiction” currently. But that does not mean that they can’t be found. PCP addiction can be treated with behavioral therapy and inpatient care, and finding these treatment options is possible.
Consider Your Needs
The best way to start your search for treatment for PCP addiction is to think about your needs. If you consider these first, it will be easier for you to narrow down your search and choose a treatment facility that will be good for you in the long run. Some of the needs you should consider are:
- Financial needs
- How much can I pay for a facility?
- How much time can I take off of work?
- Home needs
- How will my children be taken care of?
- Who will look after my home while I’m in treatment?
- Facility needs
- Do I need a local facility?
- Are my friends and family going to want to visit me?
- Do I need a facility for a certain group with which I associate (ex. women, teens, LGBT)?
Also consider your comfort level with the facilities you visit. Will you be able to stay here for the duration of your treatment and not leave early? Are you close enough to home so that you won’t feel lonely without your support group? These are some of the factors to consider when you are finding a treatment facility.
Ways of Finding a Treatment Facility
There are many ways in which you may be able to find a treatment facility for PCP addiction. Some of the best ways include:
- Looking up facilities on Internet databases and researching them
- SAMHSA‘s treatment locator will list facilities by their proximity to you and give you an idea of their treatments and amenities
- Talk to your doctor. They may be able to suggest a treatment facility which is nearby or with which they have experience.
- Call your insurance provider and discuss your treatment options with them.
- Get your support system involved and ask your friends and family if they know of any treatment facilities.
Finding Affordable Treatment
For those who are addicted to this drug, an inpatient facility is normally suggested. But these treatment centers can often be expensive, and many people who have struggled with drug addiction are not able to pay the high fees of many private inpatient facilities. SAMHSA states that at least 76.3% of substance abuse facilities offer some kind of pay assistance.
Ways of finding these facilities where you can get treatment for your PCP addiction are:
- Discussing your options with someone from your local government. Many low-cost treatment facilities are at least partially run by the government or are nonprofit organizations
- Going to a local free clinic and discussing low-cost treatment facilities nearby with the doctors and nurses there
- Attending a free Narcotics Anonymous or another type of mutual-help group meeting and asking the sponsor about facilities they might know
The best treatment for PCP addiction is attending an inpatient treatment program that stresses therapy. These facilities can be found all over the country and can help you start your road to recovery.
- Related Articles